Hosea 4:6 says, “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I also will reject you from being priest for Me; Because you have forgotten the law of your God, I also will forget your children.” Leviticus 26 teaches us that if we obey God’s commandments we will experience blessings from God but that if we disobey God’s commandments we will experience curses from God. Most of us think we are being obedient yet we are experiencing curses in our lives. The reason is not simply because we’ve forgotten the law of God but because of an outright lack of knowledge of the law. In addition we’ve been taught that the law of God has been abolished and that we only need to be concerned with the teachings found in the New Testament. If that’s not bad enough, we interpret the New Testament without the foundation of the Old Testament. This often can result in a misinterpretation of the Bible. God promised His people would experience the following blessings for obedience to the law given through Moses:
- Produce, fruit, and plenty of bread
- Dwelling in peace and safety in the land.
God promised His people would experience the following curses if they disobeyed the law given through Moses:
- They would experience terror and disease. They would be attacked by their enemies. Their enemies would eat their crops.
- The temple (the pride of their power – Ezekiel 24:21) would be destroyed. The land would be desolate and not yield produce or fruit.
- To send wild beasts to take their children, destroy livestock, and decrease their numbers.
- A sword would come against them to execute the vengeance of the covenant. God would send pestilence among them and turn them over to their enemies.
- They would go hungry and eat the flesh of their children.
- He would destroy their false temples and sanctuaries and ignore their fragrant offerings. He would kill them and make the land desolate. They would be exiled among the nations. Those who are left will flee as if fleeing the sword. The land will enjoy its seventh year Sabbath rests.
Consider the various ways these curses could take place. Is America experiencing the curses of the law? Are you experiencing any of these in your personal life? Is your church experiencing the curses of the law? Wouldn’t you rather enjoy God’s blessings in your life?
Fortunately, we aren’t eating our children yet but if we don’t change, we may find ourselves rapidly progressing through this list of curses. Do you realize these things happened under Stalin’s leadership in the former Soviet Union? There’s no reason it couldn’t happen here.
Are you willing to learn some knowledge that could reverse the damage our nation is already experiencing and prevent worse things from happening if it is applied in your life and those lives of others in your churches?
Discover the ancient path, deepen your level of intimacy with the Lord, obey Him, and enjoy His blessings!