Welcome to The New Moon Series!
Are you confused about which calendar to follow when observing the feasts of YHVH? If so, you are in the right place.
This series with take you through every aspect of this hotly debated topic. Unlike other sites that ignore one aspect or another, the goal here is to examine very aspect related to the topic so we can eliminate what’s wrong and embrace what’s on target to the best of our ability. In addition to the actual series itself, I am including an introduction for those who might want to know why I bothered to pursue this topic, and I am including a summary for those who don’t have the time for the full series.
Whether you consider yourself to be a Messianic, Hebrew Roots, or Torah Observant believer, you need to see these presentations on this hotly debated topic. Be sure to check out these presentations, as well as the appendices and reference sections at the end of the presentations for additional information. Please share it with your assemblies and provide feedback.
I am aware that the content of these presentations may be shocking to some who have settled on a particular view regarding the new moon and God’s calendar issues. However, please bear in mind that your decision may have been made while you lacked certain pieces of knowledge on this vast subject. Therefore, it would be wise to view this entire series before continuing in your current belief and practice. Also, bear in mind the important goals presented in the beginning of these presentations as you move forward.
If you find that you are having trouble understanding the content of these presentations, assume it is a spiritual problem. Command any demons that may be hindering your ability to understand to stop in the name of Yeshua HaMashiach.
Photo: By Ronnie Robertson (New Moon IMG_6949)
[CC BY-SA 2.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0)%5D, via Wikimedia Commons
Introduction to the New Moon Series – Last edited 9/3/2019.
- The New Moon’s Significance – This presentation uses thematic pattern analysis to see the significance of the new moon, as well as the significance of a few of the other moon phases. If thematic pattern analysis is new to you, you may find the corresponding video linked below a better option to walk you through it. Last edited 5/14/2019.
- Historical Practice and Debate of the New Moon – This presentation addresses the definition of “new moon,” discusses Psalm 81:3, and reviews the 3 time periods of historical Jewish practice regarding the new moon as described in Kiddush HaChodesh, Midrash Rabbah, Philo, etc. Last edited 10/16/2019.
- Astronomy– This presentation provides you with the astronomical background information necessary to evaluate various calendars used by YHVH’s people. Our understanding of the movement of the earth, sun, moon, and stars are important because YHVH’s calendar, particularly the beginning of the year and identification of leap years, is dependent on the location of the sun among the stars, as measured in degrees of right ascension. The appendix contains topics related to the new moon that were not covered in the actual presentation in order to reduce the size of the presentation, as well as information regarding flat earth versus spherical earth. Last edited 11/20/2019.
- Calendars Including the Metonic Cycle– This presentation reviews and evaluates several solar and lunisolar calendars, as well as the Metonic cycle employed by the Hillel II calendar. Solar calendars include: Enoch calendar, Jubilees calendar, and Qumran calendar. Lunisolar calendars include: World’s Last Chance calendar, Hillel II calendar, and Karaite calendar. You’ll be shocked to see that the Hillel II calendar is not only sometimes a few days off, but sometimes a whole month off. That’s a shocking error for those attempting to follow YHVH’s calendar. Sadly, none of these calendars utilize all of the primary factors mentioned in Genesis 1:14-18 — those being the sun, moon, AND stars. However, with modification, we can make a suitable lunisolar calendar that utilizes YHVH’s complete time clock. Last edited 5/18/2019.
- A Calendar for YHVH’s People – This presentation proposes a calendar for YHVH’s people that acknowledges Genesis 1:14 – 18 as being foundational to YHVH’s calendar; addresses all of the factors regarding YHVH’s calendar from the previous presentations including precession, correctly identifying leap years based on the sun’s position in the constellations, and differences across time zones. It also provides examples that I did in Goggle Calendar for the remainder of the current Metonic cycle. Last edited 5/3/2020.
Executive Summary of the New Moon Series (Text-PDF) — This is Word text summary of the New Moon Series. Last edited 5/3/2020.
The New Moon and a Calendar for YHVH’s People (PPP-PDF) — The top of each slide indicates which presentation of the New Moon Series the slide came from; this will allow you to go to the appropriate presentation for more information. By the way, some slides appear in more than one presentation.
Bear in mind that because this is a summary, a lot of important detail had to be left out. Last edited 5/13/2019.
Tips for Stellarium – If you choose to download Stellarium and its user guide from http://stellarium.org/ for FREE, you might find this presentation a little more user friendly to get you started for the purposes we’ve discussed in the presentation, A Calendar for YHVH’s People. Enjoy! Last edited 9/16/2018.
The videos are going to be redone and I will provide a new link when they are available.