Today we’ll look at what is coming in the future in order to see how it fulfills the original pattern we discussed earlier.
- Babylon is present day Iraq. Iraq has received a fatal blow but has survived. Is this the mortal head wound of the Beast that was healed? Only time will tell for sure.
- Medo-Persia is present day Iran. Iran is currently suspected of being a nuclear threat to the world despite claims of only developing nuclear energy. Will this cause a “goat” to fly from the west to completely destroy the “ram” as described in Daniel 8?
- The ancient Greek Empire passed to Alexander’s generals: Seleucus, Ptolemy, Lysimachus, and Cassander. In the future it will be represented by 4 different kings.
- Divided Kingdom: Jesus implied in Matthew 24:15 there would be someone besides Antiochus Epiphanes IV that would come in the future to set up an abomination of desolation. Therefore, according to Daniel 8:21-23, near the end of the reign of the 4 kings who will control the land of the Ancient Greek Empire and when evildoers will have become as evil as possible, an arrogant king will arise in the northern kingdom and destroy the mighty and the holy ones. Many assume this came near the end of the fall of Rome but Daniel shows us it is for the end of days. In Revelation 13, this arrogant king is known as the Beast of Sea and in Revelation 17, this king is described as the Scarlet Beast. He will probably come from the territory of the former Seleucid dynasty. He will probably be the Caliph of a revived Islamic Caliphate. He’s also referred to as the two-horned Beast of the Earth which is comparable to the two-horned ram of Daniel 8. The identity of the king of the south remains to be seen although the southern kingdom was Egypt in the past.
- The False Prophet (Little Horn) will cause man to forsake God’s commandments and worship the image of the Beast or face martyrdom (Rev. 13:11-18).
- The Harlot Mystery Babylon the Great (from the West) will ride the Beast (from the Middle East). Consider the myth of Europa riding the Greek bull, Zeus. Europe takes her name from Europa and geographically speaking, the Harlot rides the Beast of the Middle East. Currently the West is trying to ride, tame, or control the beast of the Middle East. The Harlot may be the Roman Catholic Church attempting to lead Catholic and Protestant churches into a worldwide interfaith movement which will coooperate with the coming political and economic New World Order. Regardless of who she is, this is where God’s people reside and His children are commanded to come out of her–to be set apart, consecrated and holy to Him. Some people believe the Beast is really the New World Order but it doesn’t make sense for the political and economic aspects of the NWO to destroy the interfaith religious system that has been encouraging its people to cooperate with its formation in the first place.
- Christians will continue to be persecuted but will not always be protected from martyrdom.
- The Scarlet Beast will join with 10 kings (Islamic Caliphate) for 1 hour and will separate from (or throw off) the Harlot Babylon the Great in order to destroy her. You see, it makes more sense for us to believe that Eastern powers (Scarlet Beast) intend to deceive Western powers (Babylon the Great) through cooperation until they are sure they are able to completely destroy them.
- Jesus, the Messiah will defeat the Scarlet Beast and the 10 Kings (revived Islamic Caliphate) at the Battle of Armageddon. The Beast and its False Prophet will be thrown into the lake of fire.
- Messiah’s Kingdom will reign 1000 years (Rev. 19:11-20:6).
- Satan, who will be chained and cast into the abyss at the beginning of Christ’s millennial reign will be released and arise from the abyss in order to deceive the nations and gather Gog’s armies for the Battle of Gog and Magog.
- John prophesied that the coming of Gog’s armies to Jerusalem will be at the end of the millennium in Revelation 20:9. Many assume this battle must take place prior to Christ’s return. In Ezekiel 37, the dry bones lived (the dead were resurrected) and the two houses of Israel were combined. Ezekiel 38:8b explains: “In the latter years you will come into the land of those brought back from the sword and gathered from many people on the mountains of Israel, which had long been desolate; they were brought out of the nations, and now all of them dwell safely.” According to our pattern, this battle must take place here.
- Israel’s enemies will be defeated. They will be eaten by birds of prey and wild animals (Ezekiel 39:4). It seems their will be two feasts for birds–one in Revelation after the Battle of Armageddon and one in Ezekiel after the Battle of Gog and Magog. The Great White Throne Judgment will take place and the dead will be judged according to their deeds. The Lake of Fire is the 2nd death.
- Only the righteous (one flock) will enter the New Jerusalem when new heaven and earth come down.
Will you be able to recognize the False Prophet and the Beast of Revelation when they arise? How do you know?
Will men like the Maccabees be armed and ready to rise up to fight against the False Prophet and Beast of Revelation? Surely there will be some who will carry out great exploits.
Will their strategies be wise or foolish? What will you do?